Criminal Law, Drug Crimes & DUI Attorneys Serving Santa Barbara
Who we are
Robert Landheer is a certified criminal law specialist who has been defending the constitutional rights and interests of his clients since 1981.
Mr. Landheer is widely acknowledged by his colleagues and clients for his dedication and commitment to providing the best representation possible. He is recognized by his peers and ranked among the highest attorneys in the state for his legal skills and high ethical standards. These principles define the entire firm.
At Robert F. Landheer, Attorney at Law, Nicole Ricotta and Jessica Martinez are two dedicated criminal defense attorneys who work with Mr. Landheer counseling clients and helping them navigate the criminal justice system to assure that they get the best results possible.
Why you should choose to partner with us
Mr. Landheer has over 32 years experience as a criminal defense attorney.
Our goal is to help guide our clients through a trying and difficult time. Our commitment is to design a defense that will exonerate our clients completely or reduce the charges and mitigate the punishment.
We care about all of our clients. We care about you and your family. When you procure our services, you obtain:
- Guidance from a board-certified specialist -- Mr. Landheer has been certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in criminal law since 1997. Hiring a criminal law specialist is the best way of getting the highest quality representation for your case.
- A respected law firm on your side -- Robert Landheer is recognized by other Santa Barbara lawyers as a leader in his field, as evidenced by his being AV® Preeminent(TM) Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®. Nicole Ricotta, Esq. and Jessica Martinez, Esq. are dedicated to the same high standards. They are fearless in their advocacy in the courtroom and committed to the highest quality of representation to the clients we serve.
- The confidence that comes with a history of quality results -- Robert Landheer has been practicing criminal defense in Santa Barbara for three decades. Mr. Landheer's reputation in the community is a testament to his integrity and commitment to protecting his clients' rights and best interests.
- Legal protection -- A defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty. Mr. Landheer and the other attorneys in his office will make sure that all presumptions and procedural protections and rules of court are strictly adhered to.
- Specialized legal skill -- Mr. Landheer was appointed by the California Supreme Court to represent capital defendants. He has been representing a client on death row at San Quentin State Prison for almost 19 years.
- Access to resources outside the criminal justice system -- We serve clients inside and outside the courtroom. We refer clients with mental health issues to medical specialists who can diagnose and treat mental disorders, which are often the underlying cause of criminal behavior. Mental health problems are often a mitigating circumstance. Treatment under the auspices of a therapeutic court is an alternative to incarceration.
- Substance abuse treatment resources -- Mr. Landheer and the other attorneys in the office can help clients who have alcohol and/or drug problems by helping them to find the appropriate program and resources they need.
We invite you to learn more about all the areas of law our firm practices, including:
- DUI -- The penalties for being convicted of driving under the influence are severe in California. A DUI arrest can cost you your license, your job and even your freedom. If you're facing DUI charges, our office will be able to assist you in the courtroom and represent you with DMV administrative proceedings, which may also result in a driver license suspension.
- Drug offenses -- Drug charges are serious to your employer and could cost you your job. We defend your rights in court and in some cases will be able to help clients avoid felony convictions and incarceration by referring them to drug court or an appropriate drug and alcohol program instead.
- Proposition 215 (medical marijuana) -- We represent clients who are providers and operators of medical marijuana dispensaries, cultivators and patients who are members of a collective.
Choose a Santa Barbara attorney who has more than 30 years' experience as a trial attorney
Criminal defense is what we do. It is our specialty. It is all we do.
If you or someone you know has a criminal law question or is charged with a crime, contact Robert F. Landheer and his able office staff at Robert F. Landheer, Attorney at Law online or call 805.962.5103 to schedule a free, confidential consultation. We are available 24 hours a day to provide assistance when you need it most. Se habla Español.